I continually hear this drivel being peddled by the pundits that “The American People are not willing to have Social Security and Medicare cut to save this country”. Hell no, We the People are not willing to have those things we paid for cut until we see very large cuts in everything else which is bankrupting our country. After the Congress has cleaned up the waste and corruption in every other program, then We the People will be happy to talk about further reduction needs. We must see;
1. Cuts in all government agencies, personnel, wages and benefits. If the unions don’t like it then fire all the workers and get rid of the unions and then hire workers who don’t have a union.
2. Get serious about waste and fraud and put some members of Congress in jail right along with Duke Cunningham. Maybe Congress could arrange to have some of their associates share a cell with Duke Cunningham. The Charlie Rangel debacle was ludicrous and We the People don’t like it one damn bit.
3. Cut the spending including welfare and other benefits for illegal immigrants and stop calling them undocumented workers. The English language matters and stop changing it for you own personal interests.
4. Close down all agencies which are unnecessary. The department of energy has cost this country billions of dollars and our energy situation is no better than when it was first established.
5. The department of energy is just one example of many that could be closed down completely.
6. Say no to the states when they come running to We the People for bailing them out for their ignorance and excesses.
7. Get more from Obama in the debt ceiling negotiations than he gets from you. He isn’t that smart and We the People will be closely watching what kind of a deal our Congress finally makes with our Socialist President.
Senator Coburn has listed many of the insane expenditures that our congress has approved recently and you might find this list interesting. Here is some information from Senator Coburn that you might want to review just so you can see the kind of waste going on in our government. http://tinyurl.com/2857xsd. If you would like more information take a look at the Wastebook in pdf form and found here: http://tinyurl.com/23n7pq9
When our Congress has taken care of some of these problems caused by our Congress, then We The People will gladly talk further about how we can help and what sacrifices we should make to save this great country, but until then we will wait and see if our Congress can manage themselves. Why should we trust them with our Social Security and our Medicare if they can’t even handle the simple cost cutting opportunities easily available to them?????