We continually hear this drivel being peddled by the pundits that “The American People are not willing to have Social Security and Medicare cut to save this country”. Hell no, We the People are not willing to have those things we paid for cut until we see very large cuts in everything else which is frivolous and helping to bankrupt our country. After Congress has cleaned up the waste, duplication and corruption in every other program, then We the People will be happy to talk about further reduction needs. We must see;
1. Cuts in all government agencies, personnel, wages and benefits. If the unions don’t like it then fire all the workers and get rid of the unions and then hire workers who want to work and don’t need to have a union.
2. Get serious about waste and fraud. Put some members of Congress in jail right along with Duke Cunningham. Maybe Congress could arrange to have some of their associates share a cell with Duke Cunningham. The Charlie Rangel debacle was ludicrous and We the People don’t like it one damn bit.
3. Cut the spending including welfare and other benefits for illegal immigrants and stop calling them undocumented workers. Our language matters so stop changing it for your own personal interests.
4. Close down all agencies which are unnecessary. The department of energy has cost this country billions of dollars and our energy situation is no better than when it was first established.
5. The department of energy is just one example of many departments that could be closed down completely and forever. We just don’t need worthless “make work” projects in our government.
6. Say no to the states when they come running to We the People for bailing them out for their ignorance and excesses.
7. Don’t increase the debt ceiling. We have enough debt now and We the People don’t want more debt for our children and grandchildren to be saddled with. Obama isn’t smart enough to fool We the People so our representatives shouldn’t be outfoxed by him. And We the People will be closely watching what kind of a deal our Congress finally makes concerning the debt ceiling with our Progressive/Socialist/Communist President.
Senator Coburn has listed many of the insane expenditures that our congress has approved recently and you might find this list interesting. Here is some information from Senator Coburn that you might want to review just so you can see the kind of waste going on in our government. http://tinyurl.com/2857xsd. If you would like more information take a look at the Wastebook in pdf form and found here: http://tinyurl.com/23n7pq9
When our Congress has taken care of some of these problems caused by our Congress, then We The People will gladly talk further about how we can help and what sacrifices we should make to save this great country, but until then we will wait and see if our Congress can manage themselves. Why should we trust them to reduce our Social Security and our Medicare if they can’t even handle the simple cost cutting opportunities easily available to them?
If our Congress and Administration hold true to form they will reduce Social Security and Medicare benefits that we have paid for and then just continue to waste money on every whim they have. Then We the People will be even more screwed than we are at present.